Quantcast

convert .tex to .ppt

Rares Vernica-4
Hello,

I plan to create a set of slides in .tex using the beamer class. In the
future I might need to also have a .ppt version of them.

Is there a way to convert the .tex files that use beamer to .ppt?

I know there are ways to convert .pdf to .ppt, but I would say that a
.tex to .ppt converter would be more accurate. Moreover, I am aware of
the fact that the conversion from .tex to .ppt would be lossy.

Cheers,
Rares

Re: convert .tex to .ppt

Marcelo Luiz de Laia-3
2010/5/14 Rares Vernica <[hidden email]>:
> Is there a way to convert the .tex files that use beamer to .ppt?

Hi,

I have used this tutorial:

http://is.gd/c96fB

--
Marcelo Luiz de Laia
Lages - SC - Brasil (Brazil)

Re: convert .tex to .ppt

Rares Vernica-4
Marcelo Laia <[hidden email]> writes:

> 2010/5/14 Rares Vernica <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Is there a way to convert the .tex files that use beamer to .ppt?
>
> I have used this tutorial:
>
> http://is.gd/c96fB

Thanks for the link. The tutorial is suggesting to create a powerpoint
where each slide is made of a picture containing one beamer-made
slide. One could probably achieve something similar by using a .pdf to
.ppt converter. I am looking for something more powerful where one could
get a .ppt that he could edit and make changes to the slides. Since
powerpoint format is now standardized one could convert the .tex markup
to .ppt "markup".

Cheers,
Rares

Re: convert .tex to .ppt

KarstenW
You could upload a beamer pdf to slideshare.net (which I believe convert it internally to Flash or something) and then download the slides as ppt

Kind regards,
Karsten.