Quantcast

no pagenumber on titlepage and table of contents

no pagenumber on titlepage and table of contents

Kohaku
Hello
I have a problem with the pagenumbering in the beamerclass.
I don't want a pagenumber shown on the titlepage and on the table of contents. Pages with table of contents should not be counted to the total number of pages.

I can use \thispagestyle{empty} and \setcounter{page}{1} in the article class. But this clears the whole
footline and headline on the presentation.

Thanks a lot for your help.

\documentclass{beamer}
\setbeamertemplate{navigation symbols}{}
\usetheme{AnnArbor}
\usecolortheme{crane}
\usepackage[german]{babel}
\usepackage[ansinew]{inputenc}

\AtBeginSection[]
{
  \begin{frame}<beamer>
    \frametitle{Gliederung}
    \tableofcontents[currentsection,currentsubsection]
  \end{frame}
}

\begin{document}

\title {}
\institute[]{}
\author {}
\date []{}

\begin{frame}
\titlepage
\end{frame}

\begin{frame}
\frametitle{Inhaltsverzeichnis}
\tableofcontents
\end{frame}
.
.
.
\end{document}

Re: no pagenumber on titlepage and table of contents

Jon Engel
Hi,

Here's one way of doing it.  You define a new command (which I called \removeframenumbers) that sets the footer template to be that used by your outer theme (infolines) but without showing frame numbers.  (The date isn't put in quite the same place, but you can fix that with some further fiddling).  Then execute that command locally (with braces around it and the portion of the file to which it applies) in your AtBeginSection statement and before the title  page (assuming you don't want the title page to be numbered).  Also, you decrement the frame counter by 1 in AtBeginSection and by 2 before the title page (so that page 1 is the first page after the initial table of contents).

Jon Engel

\documentclass{beamer}
\setbeamertemplate{navigation symbols}{}
\usetheme{AnnArbor}
\usecolortheme{crane}
\usepackage[german]{babel}
\usepackage[ansinew]{inputenc}

\newcommand{\removepagenumbers}{%
  \setbeamertemplate{footline}{
     \leavevmode%
     \hbox{%
     \begin{beamercolorbox}[wd=.333333\paperwidth,ht=2.25ex,dp=1ex,center]{author in head/foot}%
        \usebeamerfont{author in head/foot}\insertshortauthor~~(\insertshortinstitute)
     \end{beamercolorbox}%
     \begin{beamercolorbox}[wd=.333333\paperwidth,ht=2.25ex,dp=1ex,center]{title in head/foot}%
       \usebeamerfont{title in head/foot}\insertshorttitle
     \end{beamercolorbox}%
     \begin{beamercolorbox}[wd=.333333\paperwidth,ht=2.25ex,dp=1ex,right]{date in head/foot}%
       \usebeamerfont{date in head/foot}\insertshortdate{}\hspace*{2em}
%    \insertframenumber{} / \inserttotalframenumber\hspace*{2ex}
     \end{beamercolorbox}}%
     \vskip0pt%
   }%
}

\AtBeginSection[]
{
  \addtocounter{framenumber}{-1}
  %
  {\removepagenumbers
    \begin{frame}<beamer>
    \frametitle{Gliederung}
    \tableofcontents[currentsection,currentsubsection]
  \end{frame}
  }
}

%%%%%%%%%%%%

\begin{document}

\title {Title}
\institute[Institute]{Institute}
\author {Author}
\date [date]{date}

\addtocounter{framenumber}{-2}
{\removepagenumbers

  \begin{frame}
     \titlepage
   \end{frame}

   \begin{frame}
      \frametitle{Inhaltsverzeichnis}
      \tableofcontents
   \end{frame}
}

\section{Section 1}

\begin{frame}
\frametitle{Test Frame}
\end{frame}

\section{Section 2}

\begin{frame}
\frametitle{Another Test Frame}
\end{frame}

\end{document}

Quoted from:
http://www.nabble.com/no-pagenumber-on-titlepage-and-table-of-contents-tp24326496p24326496.html
Kohaku wrote
[...]

.
\end{document}

Re: [Latex-beamer-users] no pagenumber on titlepage and table of contents

Herbert Voss-2
Jon Engel schrieb:

> Here's one way of doing it.  You define a new command (which I called
> \removeframenumbers) that sets the footer template to be that used by your
> outer theme (infolines) but without showing frame numbers.  (The date isn't
> put in quite the same place, but you can fix that with some further
> fiddling).  Then execute that command locally (with braces around it and the
> portion of the file to which it applies) in your AtBeginSection statement
> and before the title  page (assuming you don't want the title page to be
> numbered).  Also, you decrement the frame counter by 1 in AtBeginSection and
> by 2 before the title page (so that page 1 is the first page after the
> initial table of contents).

no need for a new macro

Herbert

\documentclass{beamer}
\setbeamertemplate{navigation symbols}{}
\usetheme{AnnArbor}
\usecolortheme{crane}
\usepackage[german]{babel}
\usepackage[ansinew]{inputenc}

\AtBeginSection[]
{
  \begin{frame}<beamer>
    \frametitle{Gliederung}
    \tableofcontents[currentsection,currentsubsection]
  \end{frame}
}

\begin{document}

\title{foo}
\institute[]{bar}
\author{baz}
\date{\today}

\setbeamertemplate{footline}{}
\setbeamertemplate{headline}{}
\begin{frame}
\titlepage
\end{frame}

\begin{frame}
\frametitle{Inhaltsverzeichnis}
\tableofcontents
\end{frame}

\setcounter{framenumber}{0}
\setbeamertemplate{footline}[infolines theme]
\setbeamertemplate{headline}[infolines theme]

\begin{frame}{foo}
bar

Jon Engel schrieb:
> Well, he wanted the contents pages shown at the beginning of sections
> not to have numbers either...
\AtBeginSection[]
{